Written by CORE
Friday, 29 February 2008
Greater San Tan Area Coalition (GSTAC), a 3 tiered coalition, comprised of:
- Core Visioning Committee (CORE)
- Extended Visioning Team (EVT)
- Visioning Task Forces (VTF)
To combine all the communities within the Greater San Tan area into a united coalition to establish mutual vision(s) and goals for development and quality of life. These combined communities will remain geographically intact over time.
What we are
- A body of concerned citizens and business people wishing to proactively determine our future within the Greater San Tan Area.
- We will provide information, education and a community voice regarding issues affecting the quality of life, community and economic development for the Greater San Tan Area.
- Will receive our power and authority from the residents of the Greater San Tan Area as well as acceptance by the surrounding municipalities and the Pinal County Government
- Sponsored by the San Tan Area Chamber of Commerce
What we are not
- We are not a decision making body.
- We are not a politically partisan body.
- We do not specifically represent any special interest group(s).
What we will do
- We will advocate and support programs, processes and positions that are fair and fully representative of the entire Greater San Tan Area.
- We will unify a definable community and acquire universal recognition of GSTAC
- Establish clean and acknowledged boundaries for the Greater San Tan Area.
- Encourage equal participation from all the areas we represent.
How we will do it
- The Greater San Tan Area comprises 9 distinguishable Districts
- Each district will have 2 representatives for their area
- Those representatives will then together develop task forces within and across each district to ensure that the district is properly and completely represented
- Together, we will explore, investigate and recommend solutions deemed important to the future of the Greater San Tan Area.
- Together we will become one unified voice
Pinal County as a whole, had begun “defining” itself. If we in the San Tan Area take no action it allows those around us to determine our future. Coming together as one unified voice, that will be heard, will allow the residents of the Greater San Tan Area to proactively determine their own future.
Who/what we impact?
All aspects of the Greater San Tan Area including but not limited to:
Who can be involved?
Any resident of the Greater San Tan Area that wishes:
- To be heard
- To participate in determining the future of the area
How to get involved?
- Join GSTAC as either part of the Extended Visioning Team or the Visioning Task Force
- Visit the GSTAC website at http://www.ourGSTAC.com for more information and to contact us.
Last Updated ( Monday, 31 March 2008 )