Extended Visioning Team (EVT)
Written by CORE
Friday, 29 February 2008
Composition: Comprised of 18 individuals from the community identified and agreed upon by the CORE with two (2) appointees to act as representatives for each of the nine “Districts” within the boundary area.
Role: These are facilitators with the ability to communicate, to inspire, to unite and importantly the capability to empower and utilize not only the naturally service minded citizens but also the passionate and sometimes difficult single issue type citizens in order to facilitate a level of volunteer citizen involvement through the Visioning Task Forces (VTF). The facilitators of the EVT will represent the VTF in their district and will represent the views and aspirations of their district to the CORE.
- To represent the GSTAC within the assigned districts.
- To act as a conduit of information to and from the individual districts.
- To assist in the development of the Sub-Area Plan as the will of the people
- To consolidate the output of the VTF for the CORE where it will be prepared for dissemination through Public Forums.
- To determine a chair, a scribe and other positions that may be needed.
- To advertise and conduct district level public meetings to gain an in depth understanding of citizen issues in order to represent them fairly and accurately.
- To vigorously represent the individual districts within the EVT committee meetings but to ultimately work together as a team.
- To identify, prepare and charge the Task Force to achieve specific targets.
- To assemble and provide effective leadership, education, and direction to the Visioning Task Forces (VTF)
- To facilitate the Task Force Team meetings
- To monitor the activities of the Task Forces (VTF) to ensure that they remain on-task, on-target and on-mission.
- To represent the mission, vision and values of the Greater San Tan Area Coalition.
- To provide structure and organization to the “Task Forces” (VTF) that will explore various issues affecting the future of the “Greater San Tan Area”.
- To ensure that the work of the task forces (VTF) is complete and unbiased and within the scope of the assigned options.
- To meet regularly with the Core Visioning Committee (CORE) for updates and direction.
- To provide written summaries of the meetings and activities of the Extended Committee (EVT) and the Task forces (VTF) to the Core Visioning Committee (CORE).
- To provide a final position paper representing the work and recommendations of the Task Forces. If consensus is not achieved by a task force, include a minority report.
The authority of the Extended Visioning Team and its individual members is delegated by the Core Visioning Committee. Authority can be withdrawn by a majority vote of the Core Visioning Committee (CORE).
Accountability: Extended Visioning Team (EVT) members are accountable to the CORE Co-Chairs and to the CORE committee as a body.
Committee Operation: The EVT will meet in scheduled, agenda-driven meetings. The activities and actions of the EVT will remain confidential until the public portion of the Coalition activity commences. Meeting summaries will be available upon notice for public disclosure if required. Public disclosure especially to the media will occur only upon agreement of the entire CORE. The EVT leaders will ensure that the Task Forces are regularly meeting in teams and sub-teams as needed.
Last Updated ( Monday, 31 March 2008 )